Friday, September 11, 2009

Ideas....

Hi all!  I've decided that along with family photographs and updates, I'm going to try and add some tips of all varieties a few times a week of projects I'm working on regarding gardening or cooking, to which cleaning products I found that work, to which diapers don't pass the test!  I thought how handy it would have been to have someone pass along their advice of these things when I became a mother and stay-at-home mom.

The tip for today is laundering dingy "white" clothes.

A few weeks ago Brandon told me he was finally going to throw away his favorite white polo golf shirt of twelve years.  It was yellowed and quite dingy.  I thought I would give it one last try before he tossed his beloved shirt.

I took three healthy scoops of Oxy Clean stain fighter in warm water in a large bowl and soaked his shirt for 24 hours.  I then rinsed it out, and put it in the washer with regular laundry detergent and a small amount of bleach.  After I dried it, we were shocked to see the shirt perfectly white. Since that process worked, I searched through the house for all the kids white clothes that I didn't think could be saved and much to my delight, they are now in great condition to wear.  Note--the clothes that have color on them, I use the same process and eliminate the bleach.

Happy laundering!
Gina

No comments: